Roasted Veggies Delicious as a side dish or as an addition to a green or grain salad.
• ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 4 large garlic cloves – crushed and minced
• 3 medium eggplants – sliced lengthwise into 8 wedges, each wedge cut into 3 pieces
• 3 large red bell peppers – cut into bite size pieces
• 2 medium red onions – cut into 8 wedges, layers separated
• 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (1/2 teaspoon dried)
• Sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Put all the vegetables in a large mixing bowl, sprinkle the thyme leaves in, and drizzle the olive oil over the mixture.
3. Use your clean hands to mix the vegetables with the oil and herbs.
4. Arrange the mixture on a large baking sheet, spreading them in an even layer. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the vegetables and place in the oven.
5. Roast vegetables for 15 – 20 minutes, turning over once during this time, until the eggplant is tender when pricked with a knife. Remove from the oven and either serve immediately, or let them cool for later use in a green or grain salad.
While you are waiting for her to finish the upcoming book, "Kitchen Zen: The Journey to Nourish Body and Soul in Our Changing World", you can find Robin's sporadic blog posts here or on FaceBook.
Latest posts by Robin Mallery (see all)
- Turn Salad into a Meal — a cooking demo on WEHT, Evansville - June 23, 2016
- TEDx Evansville, Chocolate Mindfulness Exercise - June 9, 2016
- Evansville Podcast — we’re talking about local, cleanly grown food! - February 8, 2016